Tips for Creating A Free Website
I have recently bought a domain at a promotional price and it was very affordable! However, I do not have the budget for a web designer and hosting for my business. What can I do with my new domain name? I don’t want it to be a white elephant.
From, Mr. Nobudget4Website
Dear Mr. Nobudget4Website,
FatSensei has a tip to help you solve this problem.
1. First of all, FatSensei would like you to take a look at this link – http://www.weebly.com.
2. Sign up and register yourself with Weebly or you can sign with your Facebook account as on the site.
6. Once you have selected your favourite design, you can now drag and drop the “Elements” ie. your text boxes, photos, column, contact form, etc.
7. If you wish to have pages like Home, About Us, Product & Services, Contact Us. You can create them under the “Pages” tab by clicking on the “Add Page” orange button. If you wish to create a page which contains a blog, just click on “Add Blog” orange button.
9. Once you have finished designing your site, and it’s ready to go. This is when you put the Domain Name which you have bought into use. Let’s say your domain name is www.abc.com. You need to ask your Domain Name provider to point www.abc.com and abc.com to a specific IP address as shown below. First, click on the “Settings” tab and click on “Change Site Address”.
10. Select “Use a Domain You Already Own” and then click “Continue”.
11. Once you have done the above, click “Continue” again. You will need to contact your Domain Reseller to point your domain name to the settings as below. Basically, you are just asking them to point “abc.com” and “www.abc.com” to the IP address 184.108.40.206. They will know what to do as this is the most basic stuff of webhosting. If they do not want to help you, just move your domain name over to us and we will get it done for you. =)
12. Just wait for about 24 hours for the settings to propagate across the World Wide Web and your spanking new website will be available to the world to see.
13. Here’s a sample site of what FatSensei did in a jiffy.
FatSensei, wishes you all the best and happy creating your website! Do show FatSensei your website once you are done. FatSensei would love to see them.
Pssstt… FatSensei heard that there is this .my Domain Name promotion going on. FatServers is selling a .com.my domain name as low as RM20 per domain. What are you waiting for?